The e-Thematic project addresses the area of e-Fulfillment focusing specifically on the concept of the value system of a company’s supply chain. By integrating flows of information, materials and finances on a supply chain level, much inefficiencies can be eliminated, resulting in a virtuous circle of value creation for end customers and for supply chain stakeholders.
The e-Thematic project has provided market players, research organizations, experts and public authorities the opportunity to exchange knowledge on innovative technologies, research results and policy recommendations. e-Thematic applies to both Business-to-Business and Business-to-Consumer markets.
The main objectives of the e-Thematic network are to:
• Cluster existing European research projects in the field of e-Logistics and e-Fulfillment;
• Identify emerging applications and technologies;
• Identify examples of "good practice";
• Put e-fulfillment on the RTD-agenda;
• Provide input for EU research and policy development related to e-fulfillment.