This is a project from the Priority Area 21 under TEN-T Motorways of the Sea Scheme.
The main objectives of the action is to design and to develop a pre-deployment pilot for an interoperable ICT platform (the “MIELE Middleware”) able to interface ICT systems (i.e. single windows, port community systems) in Italy, Portugal, Spain, Cyprus and Germany (the “National Vertical Pilots”).
The Action, which is a study taking the form of a Pilot action, will include:
- mapping the needs of relevant stakeholders
- designing and developing the MIELE middleware
- adapting, upgrading and integrating existing ICT systems in order to be interoperable with the MIELE middleware
- achieving and demonstrating systems interoperability through the MIELE middleware
- designing the framework for the exploitation of the MIELE middleware and the possible full deployment of its services after the completion of this pilot action
The Action is organised in two parts:
- PART A (activities 1 and 2) – Verification of existing ICT systems and pre-implementation phase of the pilot
- PART B (activities 3 and 4) – Deployment of a full-scale, integrated and interoperable demonstrator (MIELE Middleware Demonstrator) resulting from the integration of the 5 National Vertical Pilots with the MIELE Middleware according to the specifications of Action PART A